HEC-HMS Model Upgrade
Updating of the HEC-HMS model of the Duero River Basin Demarcation
End client: Duero Hydrographic Confederation (Ministry for Ecological Transition and Demographic Challenge)
INDEPRO Engineering Consultants is carrying out the update of the hydro-meteorological model HEC-HMS of the Duero Hydrographic Demarcation.
Description of the Works:
The main objectives of this upgrade are:
- New study sections were added to the model to improve knowledge of the hydro-meteorological conditions of the Duero River Basin.
- Precipitation data update for the year 2021.
The different stages into which the hydro-meteorological model updating has been divided are:
- Study of the basin according to geospatial information.
- Analysis and update of precipitation data through the year 2021.
- Preparation of the hydro-meteorological model of the basin, in natural and altered regimes.
- Obtaining the maximum volume of water flow corresponding to different return periods.